We are a company that realizes digital transformation across industries through collaboration between AI and people. We recognize the importance of data, which is essential for DX and AI, as well as the importance of protecting data. We believe ensuring security is an important mission for us, and we continue to protect data in accordance with the needs of society.
In particular, we consider the data and personal information received from our clients for AI development or operation to be something that should be protected most importantly as strongly required by our clients and society. With high priority, we protect them by taking measures such as strictly restricting access and limiting storage locations.
To protect data and to build customer and social trust, we work on establishing a system that is based on rational standards, such as establishing a business environment that complies with official documents including the “Digital Platform Development Business Report” by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
In addition, we take an active part in industry associations and research groups, and also committees of public organizations related to AI, etc., to gain the latest knowledge of AI and security, which we continue to utilize proactively.
Through the efforts listed above, we would like to earn customer trust by ensuring security, and also support our customers in building a security system in their DX and use of AI leveraging our cutting-edge knowledge in the industry. We shall implement DX and AI that is trusted by society in order to realize digital transformation across industries through collaboration between AI and people.
We continue to cover further technological developments through our R&D activities, and keep updating our policies to meet the needs of the times.
(Please refer to our Security Policy regarding protection of general data including personal information.)
We are a company that realizes digital transformation across industries through collaboration between AI and people. We deeply understand our social mission regarding protection of all the personal information that we handle. We observe laws and regulations, national guidelines, and other standards related to the handling of personal information. Also, we take rational safety measures in order to prevent risks such as leakage, loss, or damage of personal information. We inject management resources in accordance with our actual business situations and continuously improve our personal information security system, and promptly implement corrective measures in case any problems arise. In addition, we establish a personal information protection management system to embody the policies as described below, which shall be continuously improved as our company-wide initiative while always catching up with the latest trends in information technology, changes of social demands, changes in the business environment, etc.
- 1． Purpose of use of personal information that we obtain
Type of personal information Purpose of use Personal information of the visitors to our office For visitor management, security assurance, prevention of crime Information of our client counterparts To introduce ABEJA’s services
For user support
To act on inquiries
To communicate business matters
Information of the job applicants For recruiting and hiring activities Information of the participants in our lecture meetings, seminars and events To introduce ABEJA’s services
To introduce lecture meetings, seminars and events
To act on inquiries
Public datasets and publicly available personal information For AI development and research
If the purpose of use is specifically stated in a document, etc., at the time of personal information acquisition, or if the purpose of use is obvious by the circumstances of the acquisition, these shall also be regarded as the purposes of use.
- 2． Personal Information Held by ABEJA, Inc., on Consignment
- As a company working on DX/AI, we are entrusted with the handling of a large amount of personal information by our clients. In these cases, we use the personal information only within the permitted scope in accordance with the contract with the client, and we do not disclose it to any third party outside the permitted scope.
- 3． Our Personal Information Protection Initiatives in AI Solution Business
- AI solution business is one of our businesses. When we handle data received from our clients for AI development, we restrict the storage location and grant only the minimum access rights. We also try to take over personal information after the information is anonymized as much as possible.
- 4． Our Personal Information Protection Initiatives in ABEJA Insight for Retail
”ABEJA Insight for Retail” estimates people’s age and gender and analyzes repeat customers using video recordings in stores received from our clients. We take various measures to protect personal information of our clients and the visitors to the stores. For example, in the stores, we inform people of a tool that notifies the fact that their personal information is collected and the purpose of its use (available in English as well as Japanese). Also, a document is displayed in stores to introduce the website (https://help.retail.insight.abejainc.com/privacy/qa/) that explains the details of the efforts for protecting personal information. Furthermore, we use cloud servers from highly reliable vendors.
- 5． Our Personal Information Protection Initiatives in ABEJA Platform
- ”ABEJA Platform” is a platform for creating and operating AI models. We do not view data uploaded by our clients without their consent. In addition, we use highly reliable cloud servers to ensure security. Furthermore, we introduce our efforts on security with ABEJA Platform on our website (https://developers.abeja.io/general/security/).
- 6． Inquiries and Consultations
- If we receive a request for disclosure, correction, or suspension of use, we will respond in accordance with our prescribed methods. We will handle it individually, so please contact the inquiry desk below.
We will respond to complaints and consultations concerning the handling of personal information promptly, sincerely, and appropriately.
ABEJA, Inc., Personal Information Inquiry Desk
the ARGYLE aoyama WeWork 6F, 2-14-4 Kita aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0061, Japan
*On Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, year-end and New Year holidays, and during the Golden Week holidays, we will respond after the next business day.
This guideline was established on June 1, 2017.
Revised on March 23, 2018.
Revised on August 7,2018.
Revised on October 1, 2018.
Revised on October 12, 2018.
Revised on July 1, 2021.
Yousuke Okada, CEO of ABEJA, Inc.